Most recent update: June 2020
Decide and Thrive LLC is committed to creating a small business that supports a more racially equitable society and economy. We care deeply about the Black Lives Matter movement and promise to support this movement and our part in this dismantling of systematic racism in the following ways:
We donate to Black Lives Matter every quarter. We typically share how much we donate when we do on our social media page.
You can donate to Black Lives Matter here.
We’re currently a very small, family run business. We’re owned and run by a 100% female team. As we grow, we’re committed to hiring through a racially equitable lens.
We’re honored to have had (and will continue to have) brave guests on our podcast that have been willing to share racial equity considerations in entrepreneurship. Below are some examples:
- Interview with the founders of the Sherman Phoenix on racial segregation, police brutality, entrepreneurship in disinvested neighborhoods, and racial equity in small businesses.
- Interview with Bola Sokunbi, founder of Clever Girl Finance, on founding a multiple six-figure business as a woman of color.
- Interview with Kayln Johnson, founder of Effie’s Paper, on building a business founded on Black Girl Magic.
If you’re interested in being a guest on our podcast or know someone that you think would be a fit, please email email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Resources we Recommend:
- Show Up & Serve- A Workshop for White Coaches by Trudi Lebron.
- #BlackLivesMatter– a letter from one of our clients, Rachel Covington, on how to be an ally.
- Equitable Hiring Tool– from the Racial Equity & Social Justice Initiative in Madison, Wisconsin, this is an excellent resource when creating job descriptions.
Thank you for connecting with us here! If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.