Do you dream to quit your 9-5 job? It’s officially been over six months since I’ve been living in one of my ultimate “dream realities”… working for myself, by myself, and building something that’s completely mine.
In the last six months, I’ve been able to…
- Travel to Chicago, Colorado, Israel, Los Angeles, and Mexico, while continuing to build my business from my laptop.
- Run a mastermind for my most high-level, quickly growing clients.
- Launch my signature program, Scale Your Side Hustle, with one of its best cohorts to date!
- Interview some of the most inspirational entrepreneurs out there (including Alexa Von Tobel, Susie Moore, David Neagle, and Ruth Soukup)
- Plan my wedding (!!!?!!!)
- Hire a Virtual Assistant, Pinterest/SEO manager, and Podcast Producer
- Hit six-figures in sales in under a year
It has been the best six months of my life!
The Dream of Quitting Your 9-5 Job
I totally understand that it’s probably not everyone’s dream, and may not be your dream, to quit your 9-5 job. Just last week I had coffee with a friend who shared that she would never want the stress and uncertainty of no fixed income.
It’s true that it’s not for the faint of heart!
So, while this dream may not be for everyone, it was definitely my dream. And, maybe it’s your dream, too!
That’s why I dedicated this week’s podcast episode to completely dive into what it realistically, practically, financially, and lifestyle-wise means to quit your 9-5 job.
Recent Podcast Episode
You can see the live replay here
Listen to the episode on my podcast to hear…
- The blunt differences between the life of an employee and the life of a self-employed.
- The essential financial considerations when you’re deciding if/when to make the leap.
- What I personally did to set up my timeline to leave.
- What will make or break you as a newly self-employed entrepreneur.
- The practical steps (healthcare, retirement, and so on) that come with this switch.
Do you dream to quit your 9-5 job? Do you desire to be your own boss? Email me back and let me know!
You’ve got this. Here’s to your biggest vision!