Three years ago this month, I bought the domain Urban20Something.com.
When I bought it, I had NO idea what I was doing, but on a much more exciting note, I had NO idea what was in store for me, and how that ONE domain would change my life in just three years.
Here’s a flashback of what’s happened since then:
- I got a WordPress account for the domain urban20something.com
- I emailed some of my best friends over and over with my draft mission statement to make sure it worked
- One of my friends took photos of me in Soho (anyone remember this photo?!)
September 2016 (6 months after)
- Came back from four months in Southeast Asia
- Started blogging about the career change
- Learned Pinterest and implemented it like crazy (still one of my biggest traffic sources!)
March 2017 (12 months after)
- Had a pin go viral and saw my traffic skyrocket
- Started looking for a blogging mentor to help me create a digital product
- Published my second piece in the Huffington Post
September 2017 (18 months after)
- Launched my first eCourse
- Saw my first month over $1,000 in side hustle income
- Signed up for a year-long program to bring service-based elements into my business (in November)
March 2018 (24 months after)
- Prepared to launch my first group program
- Nearly saw my income exceed my 9-5 job (and knew I could get there soon!)
- Started mapping out my departure from my 9-5 job
- Gave my notice at my 9-5 job
- Was published in the Associated Press
- Embraced my first (of then to-be-continued) five-figure months
… That leads us to today!
Three years later, that domain I bought became a thriving business I get to run wherever I desire in the world and have the freedom to live and be exactly the person I desire.
Grateful is an understatement.
Thank you for being on this journey with me. Thank you for following along. And, I hope that this timeline inspires you to START something today that is on your heart, and may have been on your heart for quite some time.
You truly never know the potential you set in motion.
Here’s to your biggest vision!