Share from Leah
I would like to share my four tips on the exciting decision to leave your 9-5 job. This is one of my favorite topics as quitting my 9-5 was the best decision of my life. Here is what I did to make this happen.
- Focused on cash flow. I chose to focus on this during the few months leading up to my resignation over just having cash in the bank. My priority was not saving, instead I was working to increase my income and cash flow to be as high as possible. I did this knowing that once I had 40+ hours a week, my income and cash flow will double or multiply. This made me feel secure.
- Make sure you have help. During the time I was leaving my 9-5 job, I was investing like crazy in my business. I had coaches, mentors, teachers, and courses teaching me everything that I could. I was trying to create multiple income streams to take away any scariness that came with being self employed. I am a firm believer in investing in your business more at the beginning than further down the road.
- Treat the months leading up to your resignation like a sprint. Business is a marathon, but those first few months are a sprint. People often ask how I balanced working both on creating my business and working at my 9-5 job. It was not easy but for the first six months leading up to my resignation, I didn’t have a lot of balance in my life. I worked almost every morning at 4:30am, worked weekends, did webinars in the supply closet at my job, and the list goes on. I was all in. I think knowing the chapter you are in, it makes it easier to move through.
- Do not let insurance dictate your life or your decisions. I often hear people say they would love to work for themselves, be their own boss, or travel the world but they won’t because they are hesitant to pay for their own health insurance. I’m aware I am healthy and lucky to not have major health problems but at the end of the day I am happy to pay that bill. It is one of the many things that supports me to have freedom, finances, and the business I always wanted. Everything is overcome-able if it is something you really want.
New Podcast Episodes
S. 2, Ep. 41- Becoming the Queen of Your Life with Gina Devee
(Click here to tune in)
In the wise words of today’s guest, “princesses have hope, but queens decide”. The one and only Gina Devee is joining us today to share her empowering outlook on living the life you want, details about her new book and her entrepreneurial journey! Gina is the founder of Divine Living, a leading women’s empowerment mentor and the author of “The Audacity to Be Queen”.
Tune in to hear:
- Gina Devee share some of her greatest insights on stepping in to your power and becoming the person you were destined to be.
- How Gina went from $75,000 of debt to owning a multi-million dollar lifestyle brand.
- Why the power of certainty will help you manifest anything!